On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 10:09:00AM -0700, Duncan wrote:
> On Fri 15 Aug 2003 09:39, Keld Jørn Simonsen posted as excerpted below:
> > I have a question for how the file labels under the installation are
> > being determined.
> >
> > One of the times I forgot to deselect my /var partition from mdk 9.1,
> > that is, because there was a /var label on that partition, the
> > installation partitioning suggested that I mounted that partition on
> > /var - and yes, then my rpm database for MDK 9.1 was gone... :-(
> >
> > I then tried to figure our how to change the file system labels,
> > but till now to no avail. I tried e2label and  reiserfstune -l
>
> I'm guessing it's simply following the path from the boot loader to root, and
> reading /etc/fstab to see what you currently have mounted where, then
> suggesting that.  Unless I somehow missed something or read your post wrong,
> you should be able to change the "labels" (mount points) by changing the
> mount points for the various partitions either there, or by using diskdrake.

Nah, that is not it. diskdrake does not even show labels set with
e2label. I think to would be nice if it would, and then possibly both
the labels available, if any.

And at initial installation time there is no fstab to read, so it cannot
take it from there.
I think some of these labels come form some oldish redhat installation
of mine.

Best regards
keld