On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 06:52, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> On Friday August 15 2003 08:08 pm, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > K, so to reply to myself again, I realised I was once more being
> > silly, and drew the obvious link between the two, and yes, the
> > problem is heavy network usage. Basically, downloading a file
> > from the internet will trigger it; do it any which way (urpmi,
> > galeon, wget) and the system immediately begins to resemble
> > treacle. I hope someone not using nvnet is seeing this, because
> > if they aren't, it might be difficult to sort
>
>   you never should'a chose a nforce chipset to begin with
>
>   no problems here, kt400a, xp3000+ overclocked to 2288, and better
> performance than nF2. Face it, nVidia is a last resort, not a
> choice.

Stop trolling; it's entirely irrelevant. This post was utterly and
entirely pointless. (And besides, nforce2 is consistently shown to be
substantially faster than the kt400, and kt400a was not available when I
built the system. There are also no SFF PCs available based around the
VIA chipsets. Is that enough reasons for you yet?)
--
adamw