----- Original Message -----
From: "Guillaume Cottenceau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 5:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Cooker] tomsrtbt - Everyone take a deep breath

> "Hoyt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > What I see here is a communication problem. There are volunteers helping
> > produce a product from which Mandrake will make money. Mandrake could
have
> > announced "deep freeze" in a more effective way to the list if for
nothing
> > else than consideration for the testers who no longer needed to continue
> > work on the "beta". Mandrake doesn't have to tell us "secrets"; just be
> > forthright with us and provide clear reasons when something can't or
will
> > not be done
>
> We developpers are willing to do so. But often some marketing decisions
> want us not to tell everything because of obscure reasons.

"Marketing"  - - Scott Adams has a pretty good take on the marketing types
in his "Dilbert" comic strip.

As far as not being able to tell about some things, perhaps a simple "There
is a reason but we are prohibited from answereing the question - we =will=
tell you as soon as it is possible" or "We can't comment at this time, but
will discuss it in the future", and then don't forget to tell us when you
are able and don't tease us with less-direct answers.

Thanks for discussing this.

Hoyt