On Sunday 17 August 2003 13.24, Buchan Milne wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, guran wrote:
> > Hi
> > Hd.img installation per 20030817
> >
> > VERSION
> > Mandrake Linux Cooker-i586 20030816 21:26
> >
> > I have a firewall that runs a dhcpd on a Mdk 9.0.
> >
> > This is from my syslog: ( check out how postfix is trembling in respons
> > to 'localhost',[EMAIL PROTECTED] guran]$)
>
> Yes, it is well-known that mail servers will not like using localhost as
> hostname. What is your point? What does `hostname` say? How/where did you
> set the hostname? What software do you think is at fault for this (or did
> you just not set the hostname)?
>
> You can always edit your /etc/postfix/main.cf, or turn postfix off, or
> many other things, but you haven't given us any useful informatio on what
> you are trying to accomplish, what you did etc etc, so currently your post
> doesn't help fix whatever you think is broken.
>
> Regards,
> Buchan
I was trying to report something that I thought was a bug. During installation
of LAN i used the graphic set and to 'zeroconf' I added Pelles as the name
with no dots. In syslog you can see that mdk writes
Aug 17 09:55:29 localhost tmdns[1665]: claim name "Pelles.local", type 1
That is as far as that information gets. To my understanding the installation
should put that name correctly into postfix.
regards
guran
--
Mandrake Linux Cooker 9.2 in shabby Gnome on kernel-2.4.22.0.6mdk-1-1mdk

Only in a society that has defined what is the truth
can the Linux users choice be deminished.