On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:38:38 +0200 (SAST)
Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The only reason tmdns can be useful is in a network of machines *not*
> connected to the internet, which *don't* use DHCP, and which *don't*
> have DNS. Thus, IMHO, tmdns should only be started if DHCP leases are
> not available (when using a zcip address), and *only* if tmdns can
> resolve names of other zeroconf machines.
>
> Please note I haven't installed cooker recently, I will probably
> install beta2 today ...

I complained about it also.
It was 9.1 Beta3 before my DHCP would be properly configured without my
having to manually edit /etc/hosts and forget bout having a networked
printer auto detected with a DHCP host on a home LAN

Prior to 9.1 all I needed to have installed was dhcpd and network and
networked printers were a breeze but now if I want to set-up the network
during installation or even afterwards using drakconnect It Has to
install dhcp-client, dhcp-server and tmdns.

Hell, if nothing else, in the Advanced tab we should at least be given
the option of How we want to have the DHCP connection set-up.

    Charles

--
"I have five dollars for each of you."
-- Bernhard Goetz