17. Aug 2003 13:53, Buchan Milne wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, stronne wrote:
> >  Sun 17. Elokuuta 2003 00:55, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > >
> > > glibc-static-devel .
> >
> > Thank You, that it was and now I could
> > install module-init-tools too.
> > And see if it makes any difrence about
> > 2.6 modules :)
>
> BTW, in future, instead of asking the list a question, ask urpmf the same
> question, and you will get an answer much faster:
>
> $ urpmf /usr/lib/libc.a$
> glibc-static-devel:/usr/lib/libc.a

Thank you :) I actually shouldn't be at this list in the first place.
I belong to newbie with my silly questions :)

> (should module-init-tools not BuildRequire glibc-static-devel ?)

At least for me it didn't build, it required that libc.a
which turn out to be glibc-static-devel :) After that it build otherwise
well but complained about missing group bor and said using root instead.
But installing module-init-tools-0.9.13-1bor.src.rpm didn't help.
Kernel-2.6 still doesn't load modules I need.  I have generated
modprobe.conf in /etc and I have aliases there but no help.
Greetings
Stronne