Warly wrote:
> Brant Fitzsimmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>>Hello all,
>>
>>Are you taking submissions for bootsplash designs?  If so, I'd like to
>>add mine.  If not, I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time.
>>
>>http://bfcomputerconsulting.com/images/mandrake_splash.jpg
>>
>>I think it would look OK on a corporate desktop, but that's just my
opinion.

>>Any comments?  Be gentle. ;-)
>

> I suggest that somebody create a bootsplash-themes packages and
include them.

> For each theme, the basic requirement is:
>
> - a lilo splash (640x480 bmp image processed with the bmp2mdk fpons
script (see lilo.spec))

> - a silent image (at least with 1600x1200, 1280x1024, 1024x768 and
800x600 def)

> - a verbose image
>
> Config files are in /etc/bootsplash, look at the current bootsplash
> package for examples. You must define the text area for the verbose
> mode, the text location, the progress bar location and color, and so
> on...
>
> Moreover you can add one more image which is present as the background
> for the console mode (vt-* config files), a quite dark image is
> appreciated not to be disturbing.

Warly, should we look at mng animations also? There are some examples in
the themes from bootsplash.org, for example the Redmond theme (which
looks a bit like XP), and the SuSE 8.1.

Also, what about freetype text?

Regards,
Buchan

- --
Cellphone * Work            +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 8828820x202

Please click on http://www.cae.co.za/disclaimer.htm to read our
e-mail disclaimer or send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for a copy.