On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:08, Manoj Joseph wrote:
> Are you suggesting that writing an ext2 driver for windows is
> the wrong approach and writing an ntfs driver is the right one?

> If that is what you say, I disagree.

> IMHO *both* are required. Support on both sides (Windows and
> Linux)  for native file systems of both sides would make life
> lot easier. One does *not* replace another.

If you had to make do with one, a full-featured NTFS driver for Linux
would be the best from a migrational PoV. Which system do you *want* to
spend the most time in?

Ext[23] from MS-Windows seems to being addressed at least three times,
NTFS for Linux not quite once. It makes sense to me to put more effort
into bringing the NTFS-for-Linux up to par - *if* you have a choice -
than to polish the extN-for-MS-Windows driver.

Cheers; Leon