On Wednesday August 27 2003 06:49 pm, David Walser wrote:
> Tom Brinkman wrote:
> > On Wednesday August 27 2003 09:51 am, Warly wrote:
> >> http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/torrent/
> >>

> >> To download it with bittorrent:
> >>
> >> btdownloadheadless.py --url
> >> http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/torrent/MandrakeLinux-9.2rc1-CD1.i5
> >>86. iso.torrent --saveas MandrakeLinux-9.2rc1-CD1.i586.iso
> >
> >     Please put the iso's on the mirrors. Bittorrent is the
> > quickest way to turn a fast DSL connection into a 14,4 dialup
>
> You can limit the upload bandwidth that bittorrent uses.

    Upload isn't the problem. That's only goin out at 15 to 30KB on
a solid DSL 150KB (1.5Mbit) connection. Problem is d/l's dribbles
in. I had 59mb of CD1 from bittshi!t. Then I saw CD1 on sunsite. I
hoped d4x would resume it, but no. Startin from scratch, d4x began
from the start, but within a few minutes got as far as bittorrcrap
did in 5+ hours.  NBFD, I was sittin on the beach anyhow when the
'torrent' was goin nowhere.

   Anyhow, just to be nice I'm runnin CD2 an CD3 on bitttorn'slow
overnite for y'all that think it's a good deal. I'm goin to bed.
When 2 & 3 are on the mirror, I'll get them. In the meantime I'll
contribute what I can for y'all p2p believers. CD1 from the sunsite
mirror is already d/l'd, md5cdk'd on the burned CD.

   I'm current cooker anyhow, that is when the mirrors (includin the
primary) quit fsck'n up. Oh well, it's just cooker with a smaller
Mandrake crew. 9.2 ought'a be a good release ..... for desktop
fans.

   Anyhow, it's late for me, I'm turnin in. Maybe the RPMS an RPMS2
mirrors (sunsite) won't be as half baked tomorrow. Or maybe they
will be worse, as is the trend lately.