Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> > Ah, nice! but, wait. It should be either version or manfid.. what
> > if you quote the manfid (as the others with same manfid are
> > quoted)?
>
> Yes, it still works like this:

Ok, so it was rather a miss from them than a real break, better.
And we have a solution for you. But, I'm wondering if adding a
"manfid" based line *after* all the "version" lines would not be
a cool fallback. Could you test it for me? You could test by
adding:

card "Ark Sky Link Express PA2600"
  manfid 0xffff, 0x1090
  bind "axnet_cs"

*after* all the "version" based lines and especially your
recent-added one, and see if your "version" line takes precedence
with pcnet_cs over this axnet_cs line (easy to see because I've
used axnet_cs - final version would rather use pcnet_cs of
course, since in 3.2.3 it was the case).

> BTW, in drakconnect, the message "Installing driver for
> network/main|gigabit|usb|pcmcia card Surecom EP-427X 16 bit 100/10M
> Ethernet Card" is shown, but so fast it's impossible to read (it took me
> 10 tries to take a screenshot so I could read it). In the next screen,
> the only info displayed is "Configuring network device eth0 (driver
> pcnet_cs)" is shown. It would really be more useful if the info shown in
> the previous screen were shown here, then you would be able to identify
> cards more easily, especially when you have multiple cards using the
> same driver. Then maybe I could get out of the habit of writing the MAC
> address on all network cards in machines running Mandrake ...

Poulpy, something for ya :).

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/