On Saturday 30 August 2003 04:05, Abel Cheung wrote:
> On 2003-08-29(Fri) 22:58:02 +0200, andre wrote:
> > On Friday 29 August 2003 14:02, mandrake wrote:
> > > stardict need dictionnaries
> > >
> > > these packages has been moved from cooker contrib to cooker main:
> > >
> > > - stardict-freedict-nld-deu-2.1.0-1mdk.noarch.rpm (i586)
> > > - stardict-freedict-nld-eng-2.1.0-1mdk.noarch.rpm (i586)
> > > - stardict-freedict-nld-fra-2.1.0-1mdk.noarch.rpm (i586)
> >
> > Very nice that does are moved to    cooker but they use the letter Latin
> > ligature ij which is a bit hard to type seeing that it is not part of any
> > keymap so you can't type it. So could ij be changed to ij like it is in
> > the quick dictionaries
>
> Hmm, do you mean the language names? At first I choose this convention
> because (1) dictd already use it and (2) otherwise rpmlint was
> complaining all the locale-xy dependency.
>
> Would it be possible to solve (2)?
>
> Abel
No, name is great. Problem is that freedict uses the letter ij instead of the
letters i & j to form the letter ij. Which in in itself is not totally
incorrect in that you can (and maybe should) store it internally as one
letter but that you should expose it to the outside world always as two
letters.

PS. Not that difficult to solve the problem. It is just a matter of changing ij
into i&j. But how do you make an idx.