On Tuesday 02 September 2003 09:29, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> Paul Dorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I think this is a 'glitch', rather than a 'bug' :op
> >
> > I have two cooker machines, both up to date. On both machines I have
> > problems with users not being able to see the icons and background on
> > their desktop, or have the right-click menu from the desktop. There's
> > just the default blue desktop...
>
> That's not normal.. any tip?
I logged a bug report (4882) concerning this. Problems are occuring because we
use LDAP authentication on our network:

(clues from xession-errors)
could not get user name from user id
DCOP aborting (delayed) call from 'anonymous-5247' to 'kdesktop'
ERROR: Communication problem with kdesktop, it probably crashed.

Anybody else using LDAP for authentication? Things working okay?

Regards,
Paul.