Got the same problem, with a voodoo3 card.
Launching startx resulted in :
This should not happen! An unresolved function was called!
I can send full log if someone is interested.
XFdrake resolved the problem just by adding SVGA server, resulting an hybrid
install : two package from XFree 4, and the rest from XFree 3 !!!
I tried to upgrade every 3.3.6 package with cooker package, but it didn't
solved anything. Instead, i had corrupted fonts and no way to launch xterm.
I had to switch back to 3.3.6, using --oldpackage and --nodeps, as many of
other rpms are depending of libXxpm.so.4.
So, why such a mix of versions, with package dependants of other not present on
the CD ?

Also sprach Hoyt :

--
Guillaume Rousse
Iremia - Université de la Réunion

Sleep doesn't exists. Just lack of cafeine.