Also sprach Hoyt :

No, and the install programm found instead this S3Trio3D crap on this dreadly
i810 Motherboard --)
But XFree probes successfully the voodoo at startup :
(II) TDFX: Driver for 3dfx Banshee/Voodoo3 chipsets: 3dfx Banshee,
        3dfx Voodoo3
(--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
(--) Chipset 3dfx Voodoo3 found
So, i think the problem is rather something missing than just a detection
problem.

 --
Guillaume Rousse
Iremia - Université de la Réunion

Sleep doesn't exists. Just lack of cafeine.