> > > umm, recompile with symlinks in /usr/lib ? ;)
> >
> > go ahead... ;-)
> >
> > Hmmm... things are getting ugly.
> >
> > I'm in the process of recompiling the packages above, and the
> > results are not nice. They compile fine, but when you try to
> > install them:
> >
> > rpm -Uvh guile-*
> > error: failed dependencies:
> >         libreadline.so.4.1 is needed by guile-1.3.4-3mdk
> >
> > and this is for all of them.
> >
> > Maybe I'm st*p*d or terribly dumb, but my impression is that
> > this is looking 'ugly'.
> >

> can you create the symlinks in the readline spec spec and ercompile to see
> what happens?? this might fix stuff. i.e. symlinks in /usr/lib.
>
> please please please, no one should move readline back to /usr/lib just
> because a whole bunch of shit si complaining ...
>
> i awnt to take a look now but i'm tired ...
Hi,
Someone heart about 'Linux Filesystem Structure' ??
It's somewhat outdated (1995) I now, but it's the only way
for everyone
to know WHERE FILES STAYED and MUST STAYING !
So let us follow that.
Now there is already a difference between distributions, so
if will
Mandrake go this way up also ??
Eric