Had an odd problem with urpmi recently, is anyone else seeing this? On
both my systems, it seemingly simply will not check for hdlist for plf
from the remote source. If I do an urpmi.update -a, this is what I see
(oh, probably unrelated, but note that this is WAY slower than it used
to be - it takes ages to get through checking for cooker and contrib
hdlists, for some reason, the whole process takes about three minutes):

[EMAIL PROTECTED] radiohead]# urpmi.update -a
retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "cooker"...
...retrieving done
examining synthesis file [/var/cache/urpmi/partial/hdlist.cooker.cz]
retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "contrib"...

ftp://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS2/synthesis.hdlist2.cz
...retrieving done
examining hdlist file [/var/cache/urpmi/partial/hdlist.contrib.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/cache/urpmi/partial/hdlist.contrib.cz]
examining MD5SUM file
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf.cz]
performing second pass to compute dependencies

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.cooker.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf.cz]
found 0 headers in cache
removing 0 obsolete headers in cache
write config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] radiohead]#

Note that it checks for a cooker hdlist and sees that it's up to date,
finds a newer contrib hdlist and downloads it, but for plf
does...nothing at all to check for a new hdlist. If I try with just
urpmi.update plf, I get this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] radiohead]# urpmi.update plf
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.cooker.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]
examining MD5SUM file
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf.cz]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] radiohead]#

With a long pause between the examination of the contrib synthesis and
"examining MD5SUM file". Again, no attempt at all to check for or
download a new hdlist. I can't see anything different about the plf
source in urpmi.cfg, from the other two sources.

ideas?
--
adamw