Le Sat, 06 Sep 2003 03:28:38 +0200, Guillaume Rousse a écrit :

> Ainsi parlait Frederic Crozat :

>> > Yes, that was what I meant (via pam_console). Is it necessary to limit
>> > read access to /dev/rtc to just locally logged in users ?
>>
>> I'm not sure if it is a security risk or not.. Let's first try the safest
>> solution :)
> mplayer works perfeclty, but there is still a problem with tvtime (from
> contrib):
> Can't get realtime priority for better performance, need root access.

Yeah, I saw that but I don't think it is related to /dev/rtc.. tvtime is
probably trying to nice itself to real-time, which is only permitted for
root. Anyway, it still works great and latest version has now a menu.. I
think we will soon be able to replace xawtv with tvtime as the default TV
app :)

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft