Pablo Saratxaga wrote:
> > > No more bladeenc package, neither on 7.1 nor cooker mirrors. Where has it gone ?
> >
> > mp3 encoding copyrights problems..
>
> You mean patents I suppose (because bladeenc is LGPL so I don't see any
> copyright problem with it).
>
> If mp3 encoding is patented, which countries does such patent cover ?
> If it is patented on only some countries we should still distribute it,
> maybe on a special site, lice we do for crypto, that we could name
> freedom.linux-mandrake.com, where we could put all perfectly good software
> that some countries put some legal difficulties to distribute for whatever
> reason.

Framehauser (or whatever is their real name, i just can't remember
germane names) has send agressives email to the author and asked him to
stop developp bladeenc. But the author does go on as his work is based
on an algorithm from ISO.
Until the situation calm down, we won't provide it.

--
www.linux-mandrake.com
somewhere between the playstation and the craystation