Jure Repinc wrote:
I tried again today with just ./cvscompile and it appears that compile goes thru just fine. Now it only complains when I run depmod. It is telling me about some unresolved symols. My kernel and kernel sources are of the same version (2.4.22-5mdk) and I don't know why this could be happening.

I restarted the computer despite those unresolved symbol errors and it also gave me errors at the sturtup when starting ALSA but the sound appears to be working. And so far I didn't get any of the metalic sounds like with Mandrake version of ALSA.