Felix Miata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> FACORAT Fabrice wrote:
> > Le mer 10/09/2003 à 14:45, Felix Miata a écrit:
> > > No, links should be underlined, so that users know a link is a
> > > link without having to hover. See e.g.
> > >   http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9605.html
> >
> > underline is weird. link in blue ok, but not underline, this is not
> > beautiful at all !
>
> It isn't about beauty, it's about usability. Users expect links to be
> blue and underlined. When they aren't, usability suffers, because
> you've violated a standard practice they rely on.

People who don't want this can disable it in their webbrowser. And
mandrake isn't an art-like site. It has to be usable.

> > > No, you should put sans-serif first, and leave out arial and
> > > helvetica and verdana. That way, whatever the user has decided is
> > > the best sans-serif is the one that will be used.
> >
> > normal you put your specific fonts first and then default one (
> > family like sans-serif ) so that if the user doesn't have the font
> > you want it fallback to generals ones.
>
> Normal only as in common practice, not as in wise practice. When you
> have a need (normally uncommon) to use specific fonts on your page,
> then specify them. Otherwise, let the user see his choice by making
> only the generic specification, or none at all. Font-family: verdana,
> arial, helvetica, sans-serif; is just plain dumb me-too-ism.

Exactly. Let people choose their own favourite font-sets. Once
again. This is not an art-site. It needs to be functional.

# Han
--
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/documents/quotingguide.html