Ainsi parlait Michael Lothian :
> Everthough of having a file somewhere that has the hostname is?  And
> then referencing everything to that file so if something changes
> everything us updated with out reconfiguring anything?
hostname is in /etc/sysconfig/network.

Technically, what you're proposing is doable. However, i still don't
understand why so much attention for this topic. Are you really changing your
_servers_ hostname everyday, to need such a toy ? It is clearly a waste of
resources for me. Moreover, as sysadmin, I hate black magic changing sensible
config stuff behind my back.
--
Guillaume Rousse
When camping in late fall or winter, your underwear will stay at approximately