From: "Austin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On 09/11/2003 07:04:39 AM, Jure Repinc wrote:
> > If any of you also have the problem please add comments with your
> > experiences. And also try to compile CVS drivers to see if the problem
is
> > gone for you.
>
> Please remember that this is not the only problem that is fixed by using
an
> unpatched alsa.  Usb audio devices by M-Audio currently hang the system
when
> using Mandrake's patched up alsa, but replacing snd-usb-audio.o with one
build
> from source fixes the problem.  I suppose this is considered a separate
bug
> though.

Would you mind helping me out here?
I'm going to re-start alsa 0.9.6 from scratch tomorrow....
so I can figure out where it breaks...

Since you have rebuilt alsa and confirmed it's working when you replaced all
modules under /lib/modules/'uame -r'/kernel/sound,
would you mind send me a list of all those (replaced) alsa modules in that
directory
(and subdirectories) so I can verify that they all build with the kernel...

and when you have that kernel running, tell me wich one it is, and send me
the output of lsmod (with the snd-usb-audio module loaded)

This would help me get a reference point to get alsa working again,
and save me some time ... since I have a lot on my kernel "ToDo"...

I would like to get this fixed before MDK 9.2 ships....

Regards

Thomas