> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [Cooker] corrupt RPM database, what then?
>

> Maybe there are some RPM experts on the list that can help me out
> with this one. I beleive I've got a corrupt rpm database on my
> alpha system (it's happened to me once B4). It now doesn't know much
> about dependancies anymore, making upgrading packages difficult.

ok i got a hack that you can try it out please i don't even know if this
works or not

do this:

make a ftp connection and udmp the rpm files of your intel box to alpha ...
of course some alpha specific packages (AFAIK this is only milo) need to be
reinstalled if yuouw ant the db to pickup and some you will have to fix e.g.
you don't have lilo on your system. (maybe rpm --rebuilddb ??)