--- Götz Waschk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Am Montag, 15. September 2003, 05:05:01 Uhr MET, schrieb Ric
> Johnson:
> > Are you sure about that?  That does not make any sense to me
> > considering the large number of non-essiential programs that
> > could have been removed and that mozilla is the default MDK
> web
> > browser since they dropped Netscape.
>
> AFAIK all packages have a score that marks it importance. Devel
> packages generally have a lower score than application
> packages. Most
> Joe Users don't build mozilla extensions but would be sad about
> a missing kde screensaver or one game less on the download
> edition's CDs.
> --

:)
Well, if "Joe Users" are paying for it, I suppose that is the way
it should be.  Problem is that "Joe" wants the latest browser
widget too - maybe the latest Galeon - and expects somebody will
build it for them.  That "somebody" is the guy that expects
mozilla-devel to be readily available...
It seems like there should be a better solution than to cut
mozilla-devel from the download release since it is absolutely
essential for building any of the gecko based applications.