Please CC the original poster in on any replies.

----------  Forward  ----------

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:02
From: K Montgomery <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello All,

I just bought a KTI 6-in-1 USB flash card reader from Directron.com.
It claims to be compatible with Linux, which I've found to be true...
in the strictest sense of the word "compatible."

I am able to access the drive (the CompactFlash slot) on /dev/sda1, but
mounting and viewing file contents is absurdly SLOW.  I tried to copy
several files off the card and the operation seemed to take minutes per
file.

I am seeing this pair of messages in /var/log/syslog:
Sep 17 16:35:24 KmacG4 kernel: sr0: mmc-3 profile: 0h
Sep 17 16:35:24 KmacG4 kernel: cdrom: open failed.

Here's the pertinent line from /etc/fstab (may wrap):
/dev/sda1 /mnt/removable auto
users,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,noauto 0 0

(That line was automatically added by something, don't know what.)

Anyone have any ideas on why this reader is behaving so sluggishly in
Linux?  (Works just fine on Mac OS.)

TIA,
Kathy

Cheers; Leon