On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 06:32:22PM -0500, Bryan Paxton wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Jose M. Sanchez wrote:
> --forces are every day life for 99.9% of all users using an RPM based distro.
> Go to an irc newbies channel and count how many people come in with these
> problems. This again can also be traced back to poor maintaining of spec files.

The only problem of Mandrake RPMS is that unlike Debian, they doesn't have
yet a big archive of only mdk RPMS like Debian.

I use a mdk7 everyday and I install a lot of packages and I raraly do a
--force. I have sometimes to download the srpms and recompile but it's the
fault of mandrakesoft if the author doesn't have a mandrake.

This is the big advantage of Debian over Mandrake. They have a centralized
system of packages.
And yes urpmi isn't yet as powerful as Apt.

--
Thomas Poindessous
EpX asso GNU/Linux de l'Epita