Felix Miata kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika Lauantai 20 Syyskuu 2003
20:47):
> Ron Stodden wrote:
> > Are you not aware of our very popular fastest Mandrake downloader?  It
> > will always beat the use of raw rsync when there are updates to
> > download.   See sig.
> >
> > It properly downloads updated kernel RPMs usually distributed in
> > Mandrake Updates.   These are correctly installed as additional lilo
> > stanzas by the Mandrake Software Manangement dialogs in 9.1.
>
> I don't use Lilo. I don't want additional Grub stanzas simply because I
> installed a newer kernel either. Why should I need the old after
> upgrading?

if the new kernel fails, you will be happy ta have an older one to boot from
;-)

> > http://members.optusnet.com.au/ronst/       Click all ye faithful!
>
> I went there when I first set up my cooker box a few weeks ago. From
> that page the only thing that I could figure out how to use was
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/ronst/rsync-plus/rsync_exclude. I'm not a
> programmer, and don't know how to use your perl stuff. Another stopper
> was being forced to use UK English, without which I might have tried
> harder to understand exactly how to use your stuff.

The english-only part is only an option, not a setting forced on you...

An other script that works great is the rpmsync that we have in contribs,
wich also works great ;-)

--
Regards

Thomas