Hi,

Has anyone on the cooker list had the privilege to try the upcoming 9.2
on an Opteron/nForce3 configuration (single or dual Opteron)?

Yes, this also applies to nForce3 based Athlon64 systems. Disks I tested so far flied at around 57 MB/sec, i.e. faster than anything I used so far. Not only the disks were fast, the rest of the platform was obviously very fast too. ;-)

You can try yourself, Warly should have stopped generating broken hdlists for now. i.e. fully rsync'ed my tree from Friday.

Note to ASUS SK8N users: they must update their BIOS to something >= 1002 first.

Bye,
Gwenole.