From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Roberto
Rosselli Del Turco
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 10:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Cooker] Wheel mouse support in 7.1/Cooker

Mike & Tracy Holt wrote:

> I'm using the logitech trackball with the thumb marble and scroll wheel,
> it works just fine.  You have to edit your XF86Config file (3.3.6 or 4.0
> - both work just fine) adding the lines to the 'Pointer' section:
>
>         Buttons         3
>         ZAxisMapping    4 5
>
> and make sure to comment out the lines that say:
>
>         emulate3buttons
>         emulate3timeout
>
> or anything to that effect.  Make sure that 'protocol' is
> MouseManPlusPS/2 and 'device' is /dev/mouse (make sure to follow the
> syntax of whichever file you happen to be editing).
>
> Finally, include a copy of imwheelrc in the $user directory of anyone
> who cares to use it, and perform chmod a+x /usr/X11R6/bin/imwheel
>
> Everything should work just fine after that.

Excepted for the copy of imwheelrc in my home directory (is it really
necessary?), these settings correspond to those resulting from my 7.1
installation, but I wouldn't say it worked fine, as you can see from the
list below. At the moment I've given up to imwheel: either it doesn't
work properly with my mouse (logitech wheel mouse), or the settings
saved at installation time are wrong.

> ====================
> Mike & Tracy Holt
> Kirkland, WA
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ciao

--
Roberto Rosselli Del Turco      e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dipartimento di Scienze                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Hige sceal the heardra,     heorte the cenre,
  mod sceal the mare,       the ure maegen litlath.  (Maldon 312-3)