On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:35:32 +0200
cpjc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can't complete my cooker upgrade because urpmi detect a conflict
> between the k3b_0.10cvs (located in contrib) and the "official" k3b.
>
> Is it possible to merge ?

No, it's not really possible to merge them. K3b in main was frozen, and the
contrib package provided extra dvd features. I should probably add a conflicts
to the specfile, so urpmi will handle it better.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# rpm -q k3b
> k3b-0.9-10mdk
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# urpmi --auto-select
> Pour satisfaire les dépendances, les paquetages suivants vont être
> installés (9 Mo):
> k3b_0.10cvs-0.10-0.20030918.1mdk.i586
> libk3b_0.10cvs1-0.10-0.20030918.1mdk.i586
> Est-ce correct ? (O/n) o

Ouch, that's not right :-(
A contrib package should not replace a package in main automatically.
It should probably be fixed by not providing k3b at all.
Weird though, when I urpmi k3b, it installs k3b from main, and after that,
when I urpmi --auto-select it wants to upgrade to the contrib package.

--
Marcel Pol