On 09/24/2003 02:45:55 PM, Mike Eheler wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa. End of *october*? What's up with that? I can see making 'extra' cds available to club members, maybe with the commercial software packaged on them, but the core distro a whole month in advance of public release? Totally not cool, guys.

You need money; Mandrake needs money. Neither situation is cool, I assure you.

If you're smart enough to be on the cooker list, you're probably smart enough to install it over the network using urpmi anyway, which is totally allowed. The purpose isn't to punish poor students, but to encourage lazy/greedy/ apathetic yuppies and their spoiled middle-class teenagers to join the club instead of leeching off of everyone's hard work.

Austin
--
                                Austin Acton
       Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate