On Thursday 25 September 2003 07:08 pm, Salane King wrote:
> > Yeah.  I can't start a terminal because there is no menu entry for a
> > terminal. Since I can't start a terminal to get a CLI, I can't start a
> > terminal from the CLI.
> >
> > No menu entry for rxvt and no menu entry in fluxbox menus for konsole.
> I hope i don't offend you but have you tried ctrl-alt-F1 to get a shell. It
> usually works unless things are locked up.

Yes.  I realize that I can do that.  The point I was trying to make is that I
cannot get an x based terminal program in an alternate window manager because
there is no menu entry for it.  This is sometimes desired, for instance if I
am running  fluxbox through vnc and want to close the remote session and
reopen it later while compiling some large program or running some other
process that I don't want killed.  In your example, I must be physically
sitting at the machine, which I rarely do.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx