On September 1993 plus 3679 days Michael Reinsch wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:22:14 +0200
> Steffen Barszus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> > - How to have more contributors?
>> Decreasing time consumption and power needed to participate. It was
>> sometimes like fighting against windmills to get heared on the cooker
>> list. Splitting up the lists could help here.
>
> I am against splitting up cooker list because I think nearly everyone
> will end up subscribing all/most of those lists.

  Agreed.

  Tho, since we are talking about the mailing lists....could we
  *please* get rid of sympa and start using mailman or any other
  *decent* mailing list software? Sympa has proved over and over and
  over again that it can't deal with the mandrake mailing lists and
  that it should be shot.

  So...can we please get a good mailing list software managing the
  lists?

  Vox, who abhors sympa

--
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_