On Sunday, Sep 28, 2003, at 13:34 US/Eastern, Buchan Milne wrote:

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Warly wrote:
- How to have more contributors?

We need clear documentation/instructions on how to contribute. At present,
contributor status seems random (he who bugs Lenny the most gets an
account). There are a number of contributors who don't have accounts yet
(IMHO Luca Olivetti at least should have one), but no process for becoming
a contributor. Also, some contributors aren't subscribed to the lists they
should be (even though they have aksed to be subscribed).

I second this. Count me in as one of the clueless contributers. After over 50 packages contributed in the past couple years, I do not even know that one may be given an *account*. Typically, I upload the source rpm to the ftp site's incoming directory, email contrib, and cc to cooker as outlined in the howto. Is there a better way?

One thing that baffles me at times is that some packages contributed seem to never see the light of the day. This discourages me from contributing. If they were rejected for some reason, it would be helpful to have some feedback.

Pete