Le Lundi 29 Septembre 2003 14:20, Lea Gris a écrit :
> Buchan Milne a écrit :
> | And why do I in a corporate network, with no modem attached, need to
> | install a setuid binary (pppd) just to install kmail (which used to
> | install kppp also, which requires ppp).
> |
> | Sorry, but this is a good move that has been requested for a long time,
> | you won't find many supporters for reverting this.
>
> And if you remove cups you also remove samba. Can't have samba without a
> cups server even if thera are no print service on the host.
>
> This tells Mdk folks could classfy packages dependancies inside rules
> and clearly define if it realy need to be dependant.

One good way would be to provides printserver on all printing apps (cups, lpr,
lprng...) and samba requires it.

This will give choice. Maybe we should create an empty packages providing
printserver to permit to not install lpr server, this will give choice to
user:

# urpmi samba
one of this is need
1 cups
2 lprng
3 no_printer_server
What is your choice ?

--
Linux pour Mac !? Enfin le moyen de transformer
une pomme en véritable ordinateur. - JL.