On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, MEISCH,CORY (HP-Vancouver,ex1) wrote:

> - What could we do, as a community, to increase the acceptance of
> mandrakelinux?
>
> Target the corporate desktop/client market.
>

> - And anything related to the mandrakelinux distro.
> Include "no brainer" tools/wizards for creating print/file servers or other
> types of servers. Include tools/wizards for clients to join windows
> domains...

It's broken during installation (AFAICT), but try:
# drakauth

You will see we have winbind support (aka as close to Windows-style domain
membership as is possible without samba3 in main). Next releae we should
have AD support (if all goes well).

BTW, have you looked at publishing printers in AD? It should be possible
with samba3.

And, by default, samba should share out all printers, and any member of
the adm group should be able to upload print drivers for point-n-print
drivers support. I also packaged the cups native windows drivers and
informed the right people (allowing you full use of the ppd files
installed for CUPS), but I don't know if it will be on the commercial
disks.

In short, there isn't much we haven't done, and I hope we can get a
comprehensive libconf-based tool for configuring the rest for the next
release (swat-clone isn't too bad, but we need to simplify the ui by
abstracting it more from the config file).

Regards,
Buchan

Please click on http://www.cae.co.za/disclaimer.htm to read our
e-mail disclaimer or send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for a copy.