> Has anybody had any experiences from either of these? Or from some other
> encrypted loop device solutions?

I use the MDK provided encrypted FS for 1 File System - not a partition
- just a 2GB file inside an ext3 FS.  Works in a non-integrated way (as
in tools like nautilus have no way of asking you for the password when
you go to mount it).  It uses the AES cipher, with 256 bit keys.  Some
people don't like typing in the 20 odd characters it wants for a key.
Apart from that, haven't had a problem or an issue with it.

The nice thing about this is I can put it on a DVD, and not worry about
mis-placing the DVD.  Can mount it anyplace with the loop AES stuff.

/Kevin
--
Kevin J. Maciunas              Net: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dept. of Computer Science      Ph : +61 8 8303 5845