On Friday 03 October 2003 05:35 am, Pierre Jarillon wrote:

> > > It's because the comment "<!--" in the <script></script> tag is not
> > > closed "-->"  Close that and the page rendersin both IE and Konqueror.
> >
> > I just found this in the same time  ;-)
> > I am doing the conversion in XHTML strict (and valid).
>
> After a correction of hundreds of errors; the result is at :
> http://pjarillon.free.fr/docs/MandrakeLinux-en1.html
> with a css at http://pjarillon.free.fr/docs/styles/main.css
>
> These files are compliant with XHTML and CSS validators but
> they still need some work.
> - css : the style is exactly that was defined in MandrakeLinux-en.html
>
> I have stripped some elements of presentation from html which I have not
> included in CSS.
>
> What do you think of that ? Must I continue ?
I, personally think you should continue (great learning experience), but don't
expect this to be accepted.
You have to remember that konq, mozilla, opera and IE 6.0 aren't the only
browsers out there and mdk guys have to try and reach as many people as
possible. There's netscape 4.x, 6.x, IE 5.x that don't support css fully and
have bugs in how they do support some stuff. And then each browser that does
support css renders it differently.
eg in kong -  note the border around the whole thing
the HOME | FEATURES
http://137.49.240.7/~fubar/images/konq-snapshot12.png

 the Linux news section is messed up
http://137.49.240.7/~fubar/images/konq-snapshot13.png

in moz - note the border around the whole thing
http://137.49.240.7/~fubar/images/moz-snapshot14.png