On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 07:27, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Ainsi parlait [EMAIL PROTECTED] :
> > I cannot say i am very happy with this descission. Or was it a mistake? I
> > surely hope so. Explaining people they have to install correct
> > kernelsource to avoid problems when using/installing nvidia, win4lin,
> > vmware and a dozen other things is difficult enough, not putting them on
> > the download edition is not going to make it better. If it was a space
> > consideration, why do we have 2 apache-source (what is it for?) and 3 (!)
> > versions of the kernel docs there (and probably lots of other redundant
> > stuff).

This is surely not a move. I once reported it for 9.0 or 9.1, I don't
remember. Then Warly said he was using his own scripts to select the iso
rpms, so I didn't bother crying again about the same problem. It's just
an oversight I assume. Now, if the power pack has the NVidia drivers,
this will surely provide for 90% of the users need.

> Which remember me that if we were able to split headers from real sources, you
> won't need to install 30Mo package to build those additional kernel modules.

Hmmm. I think I saw today that kernel-source requires 120MB to be
installed. That would indeed be nice to find a solution. Split the
different module categories (sound, network, etc.)?

--