Greg Meyer wrote:
On Thursday 16 October 2003 11:37 am, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Oddly, installing all the 9.2 updates solved all problems
(although there is no apparent reason why in the explains of the
RPMs involved).

There seems there is still an odd "locking" problem when we launch update-menus from within %post scriptlet of an RPM (problems arises from the fact update-menus do itself an rpm call, "rpm -qa"), flepied spent a large amount of time trying to fix that before 9.2, actually had some success with some scenarios, thought he caught all of them, but apparently not really all, the problem being that it's very rare here and absolutely not reproductible :/.

If *anyone* can reproduce it, please post here the steps to
reproduce it, I'm sure we can come up with a fix quickly. But
without it, it's a hell to debug.

A workaround is to launch "update-menus" as root.

Do you guys that are having this problem have fluxbox installed?

No, not me.

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]
"If you keep a green bough in your heart, the singing bird will come"