each time i need to use one of the above i am confused again when too use
what. I think this info is not in rpm howto yet, i would add it, if i
didn't feel unsure about what is best (I use things like described below,
but i might be wrong). I see Conflicts and provides are in the wiki, but
Obsoletes is not (for that matter, don't see prereqs either).

Perhaps someone can give a thorough explanation and i will add it to wiki?
Or someone who does know can add it, whatever.

Perhaps it should be case described, like:
- new package has function of another old package as well (I assume this
obsoletes other old package). But should it provide old package as well?

- new package does not work anymore with another old package (conflicts)

- provides is only used to set aliasses for the name

more cases?

d.