On Sunday 19 October 2003 02:05, Ron Stodden wrote:
> Michael Scherer wrote:
> >>
> >>http://members.optusnet.com.au/ronst/download/   (use Save Link
> >>Target as)
> >
> > thanks.
> > so according to file, this is :
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] michael] $ file core.5465
> > core.5465: ELF 32-bit LSB core file Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
> > SVR4-style, SVR4-style, from 'X'
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] michael] $ gdb -core core.5465
> > Core was generated by `/etc/X11/X :1 -deferglyphs 16'.
> > Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted. #0  0x4008bd71 in ?? ()
> >  (gdb)
> >
> > so, this is something with X.
> > can you describe the video card ?
>
> Thanks.  Riva TNT2 Model 64.

Tnt 2 ?
That's a nvidia card, no ?
did you use the driver provided by nvidia ?
or the one that comes with xfree ?

In either case this seems to be a application ( or a driver ) problem
beyond the scope of mandrake linux, so you should  directly contact the
upstream authors.
Since they are the developpers, they will be able to use the core
provided more efficiently than i am.

> >>??
> >
> > sorry, i meant "that filled"
> > the file you were talking about, in /root/, but, i think you
> > removed everything...
>
> As I remember, all files were zero length except for the first two
> (neither of which was anything like the 7.2MB size of a core dump),
> and all were purged from another partition to release space on / and
> its directory, which restored Mandrake operability.

Ok, so, unless you find a way to reproduce it easily, i think we are
forced to class it.

--

Mickaël Scherer