I tried to install the Mandrake 9.2 Download edition on
a IBM PC 300 PL
witch has a
LG CDROM
CRD-8400B

and the cdrom was death before it showed the panel to select the packages.
I never seen this before so I assumed it was a cdrom problem.
So I removed the cdrom drive connect it to another computer and it doesn't work any more.
doesn't even turn the ligth on.

In my company we have several of these machines so I removed a cdrom from another PC 300 PL machine
and connected to this one, just to see if i could finnish the instalation.

It just fried the second cdrom drive also (LG CRD-8400B)

I realized that the new mandrake just cost me to CDROM drives.
I couldn't believe it.

So I went and got a new drive this time from a diferent manufacture and more recent.
This time everything was fine, and the installation was executed with no problem.

Another thing the machine had mandrake 9.1 installed there, and at never had problem with the CDROM drive.

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
aim-lalves yahoo-lafa_home icq-5061305 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
url:   http://finalpoint.homeunix.net

DB2Everyplace
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/db2/everyplace/