On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:26, Teletchéa Stéphane wrote:
> Did it really died, or can you use it with hdc=nodma as i'm obliged
> to do for years with my LG model HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8240B ? (from mdk
> 8.1 to 9.1)

Had to do the same here with two different drives, one a JustLink-badged
AOpen CRW4852, one an acient 32x brand-x horror. I suspect complicity
by the onboard IDE controller (MSI nForce2 mobo) because the JustLink
did an install OK on a different machine.

BTW, it's nice to have the nForce LAN and video drivers from the
PowerPack CDs, NVidia's drivers don't play nicely with the default
combination of kernel and compiler. Must be time to petition NVidia to
Open those again.

Cheers; Leon