John Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> > Get a bigger floppy disk, or use ext2 filesystems only, or provide a
> > patch to make smaller kernels.
>
> Yes; but who is responsible for this. 9.2 has been released with the inability
> to create a boot floppy on a standard 1440 sized floppy.

Because of growing kernels, the need for drivers, and floppy
drives staying at 1.44 MBytes size for more than 10 years. We
can't do magic. We provide several ways of booting and rescueing
a machine (come on, one can boot the rescue by cdrom, hard-drive,
or network, that should be enough isn't it). I don't think other
Linux vendors do more magic than us. If they do, please tell me,
we could consider using the same magic than us.

[...]

> Yes; usually use the CD myself. But none the less this is really not
> acceptable. 9.2 has too many stupid problems, from no screensavers in KDE,
> broken urpmi, and now this. The list is just growing day by day.

Typical. As long as more people test it, we discover remaining
problems. May I remind you it's simply not possible to provide a
100% bug free software release? And please also consider the
(low) number of employees and contributors we have to make a
release.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/