Le Mercredi 22 Octobre 2003 17:53, Brook Humphrey a écrit :

> I have and i already opened those ports at one time. For curiosity I opened
> them again like mentioned there and I'm getting normal speeds 0k down and
> normal 20k up.
>
> I'm trying to say it makes more difference who you share with rather than
> all this other garbage. If there are others sharing nicely you get good
> downloads if they limit their upload to really small amounts and dont leave
> the torrent open when it's done then you get bad speeds.
>
> But really this is to say thank you to those who shared. BY the way when
> that happens with the same network settings on my firewall I get about 20k
> down and 20k up. It's the people that make the difference.

I use  bittorrent-shadowsclient-5.8.4-1mdk.noarch.rpm which allows to see the
torrents working. (Advanced). Perhaps can you see my PC : 82.65.11.65 (now).
I upload only for 3 days and I have uploaded twice more than I downloaded.
I can upload only at 13 kiB/s but this is better than nothing. Little torrents
make great rivers!

http://torrent.mandrakesoft.com:6969/ shows the state : few people upload when
download is finished. It will be necessary to make a campaign to explain this
before the next time.

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org/