On Thursday 23 October 2003 07:43 am, Emmanuel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> More and more people I talk to about Mandrake are interested in trying
> it out. Now, I'd like them to be able to try it out without having to
> install 220MB of updates once it's installed (they're all mainly on
> dial-up).
> Would it be possible to re-package the ISO with the updates included
> and/or point me towards instructions to tell me how to make the new ISO
> (with included updates) myself?? I have a broadband connection and
> wouldn't mind doing it.

I think all you should have to do is replace the packages and then run some
scripts that update the package lists in the Mandrake/base directory.
gendistrib should be one, but I don't know of the others.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx