On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 12:29, Götz Waschk wrote:

> Stuff like this often depends on the CD-ROM drive, it's best to try
> several models. I haven't found a CD yet that I couldn't copy. I guess
> the copy protection sticker often is a placebo, if I can simply rip
> the CD with cdparanoia.

Nope, it's just that a lot of copy protection systems are terrible and
completely Windows-centric. Take the latest one to appear, which relies
on using Windows autorun to install a device driver that stops the CD
ripping. As far as OS X or Linux are concerned, it's just a perfectly
standard audio disc.
--
adamw