> ביום ראשון, 26 באוקטובר 2003, 18:47, נכתב על ידי [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

>> Please change your release to be a value which rpm will consider to be
>> less than 1, otherwise unsuspecting users who install your package
>> will be stranded with your package when a real kdevelop package is
>> released. This is a non-trivial issue, and a similar issue is
>> currently causing users of Tex's KDE packages to have problems when
>> upgrading to 9.2. Please apply the patch below before you distribute
>> this to too many people.
> i see. it looks like a really ugly hack, but i understand why it's
> needed.

It's not really a hack. It's policy (if you care to read about it in the
Manadrake RPM Howto).

> patched locally, in the next release it will be available.

Thanks.

>> Also, this is bad practice (yes, I know it is used by KDE spec file
>> templates, but that is no excuse):
>>
>> find . -type d | egrep kdevelep | sed
>> '1,2d;s,^\.,\%attr(-\,root\,root) %dir,' >
>> $RPM_BUILD_DIR/file.list.kdevelop
>>
>> because you will own many directories which you should not own (/usr,
>> /usr/bin, /usr/lib, etc etc). But you can fix those yourself.
> so, what is the best remedy for that?
> making the file list by my own?

The file list can be made automatically, but you cannot use a simple 'find
%{buildroot} -type d |sed -e "s,%{buildroot},,g" to choose which
directories you own. Since there aren't that many directories, yes, paste
your directory list into the spec file and take out any directories that
should be owned by another package (ie only leave those directories which
have the package name as the last component or something like that). This
might do:

find %{buildroot} -type d |sed -e "s,%{buildroot},,g"|grep '%{name}$'

Regards,
Buchan