Thierry Vignaud ha scritto:

Pierre Jarillon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

$ strings /mount-point-of-mdk9.2-CD1/doc/install/images/LMDK.jpg | head
-2 JFIF
Photoshop 3.0

Cmon, it's PhotoShop 3.0, which is problably 5 or 6 years old, not latest PhotoShop 7! Probably the graphist is using an old MAC.

sadly designers and graphists have to use photoshop because:
- they're not computer scientist are almost used with photoshop
- they need cjk color system.

CMYK is not proprietary, it's just complementary to RGB... ;-)

Yes I know that. André Pascual http://www.linuxgraphic.org told me that CMYK is a great problem because the definitions of colors are referenced on a proprietary table of colors : Pantone which produces the inks! Pantone is the Microsoft of inks: http://www.pantone.com/ The market is locked, absolutely unfree. They need we take care of them ! ;-)

But some people have found that photoshop was used in Mandrake.

Olivier Thauvin has a quick way to solve the problem and avoid any
remark.  But the problem will be hidden only.

this does not solve any problem but only hide the fact that the
professional printing processing is all made of proprietary softwares
:-(

Well, often there is so many unprofessionism in the so called "professional printing processing". I often found press lab which prints using Creo 100,000€ machines (for producing directly the plates) which doesn't distinguish a PostScript from a PDF file or don't know even the DPIs of their devices...

IMHO the main obstable is the Pantone proprietary system. For the rest there
seems also lack of knowledge. For instance have you noticed that almost none of the Canon digital camera supports non-lossy compression but only JPG? In this field some vendor
uses TIFF, but I never found yet a digital camera able to save in PNG format...
(but such format exists since a long time...).

Bye.
Giuseppe.